All are welcome — to everything! Open every Monday but only on a Monday from 12 midday to 8. Explore the work of myillumind at the Cafe this July in our 'In the Mind' exhibition.
The Story of Mental Fight Club
- The Electric Avenger!
- Featured Posts;
- Made in USA: Cómo entender a los Estados Unidos (Spanish Edition)?
- This item appears in the following Collection(s).
- Account Options?
- Wie ist das mit dem Glück (German Edition).
Reply on Twitter Retweet on Twitter 1 Like on Twitter 2 Twitter I started to think that these meetings might be a way of drawing creatively on mental illness. Then Wheeler saw the film Fight Club.
I'm jealous. I should have thought about it myself.
The group is open to all - half of those who attend have either suffered from mental illness or were carers of people with mental health issues. Wheeler feels that MFC "has been a way of creating something inspirational out of an illness that almost wrecked my life".
- Mental Fight Club's Dragon Cafe?
- More Than Just One Night (The Selwood Sisters Novellas Book 1).
- A Mormon Looks at Aliens & UFOs?
- The Dragon Café is the flagship project of Mental Fight Club..
- Practice the PAX-RN: NLN PAX-RN Practice Test Questions.
- Mental Fight by Ben Okri.
- Anna Seward and Classic Lichfield.
Each event organised by MFC is different. Often the group will fuse together the work of two or more artists. The international pianist, Elena Riu, is a member.
RE:CREATE Psychiatry – A Mental Fight Club Project
It was packed, and the atmosphere was very special. Many of those involved are in distress, but Sarah has created an atmosphere where people can be truly creative and do not feel that it is taboo to talk about mental illness. It is non-hierarchical, anyone can get involved in the structure of a performance.
Photographer Stephen Burrows was drawn into Mental Fight Club as one of Wheeler's main carers when her illness was in a manic-depressive phase. Having suffered from it myself in the past, I know depression wants to get you on your own, isolate you, and something like Mental Fight Club makes you open up and be with people.
It celebrates mental well-being, not only dealing with mental illness. The chief executive of the mental health charity, Turning Point, Lord Abedowale, is also supportive. It provides a place for people to fight the stigma and isolation around mental illness.